Friday, August 8, 2008

Lagoon Day

Bret's work had a Lagoon Day this past Friday. We took William with us and our nephew Charlie (Ben and Christina's son). It has been a several years since we have been to Lagoon. We had a lot of fun. Max, Charlie and Maddie loved the rides. I was surprised that none of them was afraid of any of the rides at all. When we first pulled into Lagoon William started crying because he was so excited and Max saw all the roller coasters and said, "I want to ride that one and that one and that one." He is too small for the roller coasters but there were a lot of kids rides. I was surprised at how many there were that Maddie could ride on. Her favorite was probably the carousel she was so excited that she got to ride on a kitty cat.


Max and Charlie were just tall enough to ride the Bat so they went with Bret and William and they loved it.



They also loved the Dinosaur Drop and the Lady Bug Loft a new kid ride that is like the rocket only a lot smaller.



They also had a lot of fun on the log ride.


I went on the Wicked ride with William. Neither of us had been on it yet and we were both pretty nervous to go. While we were waiting in line William kept saying "They say that sometimes wicked is good." It was a pretty crazy ride, I thought I was going to fall out of my chair. About half way through the ride William started covering his face with his hands and crying. But when the ride stopped he uncovered his face, sighed and said, "I think we need to try that again now that I know what to expect." So we tried it again and it was better the second time. We had a great day and the kids got nice and warn out and they have talked about it every day since so I am sure we will be going back next year. Max is hoping he will grow 6 inches so that he can go on some roller coasters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking Charlie. He had such a fun day! I loved seeing the pictures. And how funny we unknowingly coordinated their outfits with red shirts and blue hats! They will have lots of cute pictures of them dressed alike if we keep this up; if you think about the little Yellowstone twins and now the Lagoon twins! So fun! I hope we can all go together next time!
Christina (Email) - 08 08 08 - 5:21

I love Lagoon. That is so cute that William was crying in the parking lot because he was so excited. That’s awesome!
Angela (URL) - 08 08 08 - 10:55

I love the picture of William on the log ride- what a shud! Looks like it was a lot of fun!
Emily (Email) (URL) - 10 08 08 - 3:48

Our Family loves Lagoon! It is always so much fun to watch the kids get so excited about all of the rides. Cute pics.
Adrienne Jensen (Email) (URL) - 11 08 08 - 1:41

Gotta love Lagoon! I have yet to ride Wicked! It must have been awesome.
Bobette - 11 08 08 - 4:50

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. It has been several years since we have been to Lagoon. It sounds like things have changed a lot! I am glad you have fun!
Rachel (Email) - 14 08 08 - 9:36